Curd is a dairy product that is made from fermented milk. When milk is curdled with rennet, or an edible acidic substance such as lemon juice or vinegar, the liquid portion is drained off and solid part is known as curd. It takes approximately 6 hours for the curd to form in hot weather conditions but in cold winters it may take upto 12 to 16 hours.
Curd is rich in carbohydrates and has high nutritional values, it is also a rich source of calcium. The good bacteria in curd is useful in many skin and hair related disorders. It conditions the hair and makes it soft and smooth, cures dandruff. It should not only be applied externally but also taken everyday with the meals. Some of the home remedies for hair care are suggested below;
1) Mix 2- tsp. of henna powder, 1-tsp. curd, 1-tsp. fenugreek seed powder, 1 tbsp. coffee, 2-tbsp. mint juice and 2-tbsp. basil juice. Apply this paste to the hair for two hours. For a darker color, leave this paste in for 3 to 4 hours. Wash hair with any natural shampoo. You will get long and lustrous hair.
2) Mix green gram powder in curd and apply this paste on the scalp, this is one of the best remedies for dandruff.
3) Make a paste with curd and Amla powder and apply it on the scalp for healthy hair.
4) Beat 150 gms of curd and add approximately 1 gram of black pepper powder, this will make your grey hair black when used every week for at least 3 months. The results will be visible only after 1 month.
5) Use egg and curd as a pack for your hair and scalp, egg will provide protein to hair and curd will condition the hair.